Neuromuscular Physical Therapy is the science and clinical application of Neuromuscular Techniques that focus on the manual treatment of soft tissues such as muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia. Neuromuscular Physical Therapists use skilled, hands-on techniques to identify, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate any acute or chronic conditions.
Your treatment begins with a medical history and functional evaluation of any pain sites included a comprehensive postural and biomechanical assessment. Depending on this a treatment plan is then formulated that will give you the best results. If appropriate, a personalized home plan Medical Exercise Program will be prescribed to allow you continue your recovery and rehabilitation.
At the Performance Therapy Clinic, some of the following Neuromuscular Physical Therapy techniques are used:
· Myofascial Trigger point therapy
· Myofascial release
· Cranial manipulation for chronic pain problems such as; head / neck pain, dizziness (Vertigo), migraines and headache
· Intra-oral tissue release for Otalgia (ear pain), sinus pain,
· TMJ Treatment – for TMJ pain and associated symptoms including ear pressure / pain, tinnitus, dizziness.
· Spinal & Joint Mobilisation
· Breathing patterns disorders
· Chronic pelvic pain
· Sports taping.